Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Progressive dinner night!

For the past three years, our family has begun a progressive dinner tradition. It always ends up being Billy and Lianns family, my family, and my parents. Of course the invitation is for the entire family, but distance and crazy schedules play a huge part in why Marks family and Heathers family have not been able to come yet. One of these years though, it will work out so we can all be together!

We start out at Billy and Lianns for appetizers: the best dip you will ever taste. Oh my....and the scary thing is that Liann makes this HUGE pan of it, and there is never any left. And we still have two more meals to go after this one!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After this part of the meal, we give our stomachs a rest and head to the Jackson fairgrounds to view the "night lights." It's a drive through light scene, and it's gorgeous. The kids love it as do the grown-ups.

By the time we're done viewing the lights, we are hungry again. This time it's to my home, for the main course: chicken enchiladas.



Photobucket

I told Billy that I would probably be posting all these pictures, but he didn't care. Nice face.

Photobucket

After once again stuffing ourselves silly we move on to the final house, grandma and grandpa, for the best part: DESSERT!


progressive dinner

progressive dinner

progressive dinner

These cousins had fun just being together, telling the grownups jokes, and putting on a silly show. I love these kids, and even those cousins who couldn't be with us this night! We were thinking of you!



progressive dinner

(scuze those big slippers in the way...I couldn't edit those out!)

Grandpa ended the night by reading the Christmas Story to all of us. Fun times for all, can't wait to do it again next Christmas!



progressive dinner

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi Lee -

This was a really fun night. You told it very well. Liann, your dip was awesome! And I'm not talking about Billy. Speaking of Billy, I don't think he was trying to make a funny face in that picture you took. That's the way he normally looks. As a matter of fact, he looks better than normal in this picture.

GrandpaC said...

Heidi - The Protector of Tradition (POT for short!)
What a wonderful evening! Grandma and I loved having you all at our house to conclude the evening. The kids were well behaved. Billy was well behaved. And the food in each home was scrumptious!
Next year, EVERYONE!

Karaeleanor said...

I wish I could have been there!
I remember all of us going a long time ago. I didn't know that it WAS for everyone though! I thought it was just your special thing. Man, I wish we could have come! Everything looks delicious. We would have to stick to 3 houses though if we joined...I don' think ANYONE wants to dirve an hour here and an hour back JUST to eat something!

Love ya!
KEK

Heidi Lee said...

Well "KEK" the plan was to invite the families that were far away (you and Mark) to just come HERE and do it HERE. So maybe next year. We'd still just keep it to three houses. Yeah, that would be silly to drive far away like that! Ha. Hopefully the date will work for everyone!

Lisa Y. said...

oh my goodness! We thought we were being so original with our idea this year for Brent and I and my parents! We are starting this same tradition. Let's see if we combine the events...we could have six courses and lots of fun! JK

Love that you have this special time together!!!

Karaeleanor said...

Did I mention that those enchaladas looked REALLY good?

My mom said it's just because the progressive dinner is usually on a school night, and so we can't do that. Also, this one was on the night of my choir concert!

KEK