Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pennsylvania

After a wonderful Thanksgiving meal in Blissfield with Chris's side of the family, we were off on a long journey to Pennsylvania. My parents invited us to accompany them to Hershey, where we would go see "The Miracle of Christmas" at Sight and Sound theatre. What a way to kick off the Christmas season!
While in Hershey, we toured the Hershey Factory and had a blast getting lots of free chocolate.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the amazing show, my parents took us to an Amish restaurant for a wonderful family style meal. Darby was especially fond of the strawberry-rhubarb pie.

Photobucket

From Hershey, my folks went on to Florida, while we went to Philly. Never been. What an awesome city, with too many things to do. We couldn't fit it all in during the short time we were there. We went to Valley Forge, saw the Liberty Bell and went to the Franklin Institute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One funny story about the Liberty Bell that I have write about, only because I never want to forget it. As we are in this quiet building, taking pictures of the bell, I let Darby get out of the stroller. I turned my back for one second and off she goes with it. She was one of those kids you see and you think, "what a terror". I was commanding her to bring it back and she had this evil look in her eye and just kept pushing it. Remember, she is much shorter than the stroller so she can't see where she is going and she is running with it. I take off towards her because I can see her heading straight for a crowd of people who have no clue that in just seconds they will be taken out by a runaway stroller.

It was very embarrassing and after I caught her, I made her sit in a chair. She screamed as loud as she could which was even worse. I had one of "those" kids that day. And what makes this story so great is that on the way home as we were talking about our favorite thigs we saw on the trip, Chris asked Darby if she liked the bell and she said, "VAT bell?" It made us laugh because it reminded us that she totally missed that part of the tour.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was such a freezing cold rainy day. After all our outings, we were starved. You can't be in Philly and not get a famous steak sandwich! You can see how cold and tired we were, but it was such a fun day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the last morning of our trip, we went to the art museum....you know why. And if you don't, then shame on you.....go watch the "Rocky" movies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


4 comments:

Karaeleanor said...

how fun!
I have always wanted to go there, see the liberty bell, and stuff like that!

and that hersheys factory, wow.
my mouth was watering when i saw the reeses peanut butter cups!
KEK

Kulio said...

Oh I love the Rocky pictures! Awesome Heidi. So funny about Darby and the stroller, I could just picture that :-)

kool kenna said...

"and if you don't, shame on you."
bah ha

mrc-w said...

Mmmmmm - must go to the Chocolate Factory sometime!
I love the picture of Chris and the girls jumping - great timing!
:)