Monday, August 11, 2008

We jammed on "V GROUND"

This past weekend, we surprised our three older daughters by taking them to see Vanessa Hudgens...a.k.a "Gabriella from High School Musical" in concert. We were just 13 rows back, center. She was such a fun performer! It helped that for a few months beforehand, I played her new album over and over again. The girls had no clue why I was doing that so much! It was neat to see them mouthing the words to her songs all night long.

Lately I've had a hard time with my girls getting older. I have been hanging on to Darby's "baby-ness" for dear life! (and she's almost 3...hardly a baby anymore) But after this night, I realized that it's going to be ok...these ladies growing up. Because we are right there with them, growing with them. And now we get to do fun stuff like this! Concerts! I can't believe we're moving on to another stage of life...and it's not as bad as I thought it would be!

Here we are right before she came on. We had been waiting a loooooong time and were starting to get alittle restless and wild. I will have ask you to excuse the extreme closeup of our Sophie who, when looking at her in this picture, I know what she's going to look like when she's 95. She just looks like an old woman to me!!
LET'S DANCE!!



6 comments:

Karaeleanor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
runner95 said...

That looks like sooo much fun!

I have enjoyed seeing your girls at vbs! (i am working recreation!)

tessa dale

JoannCryderman said...

I'm glad to see you enjoying your girls growing up. It was hard for me to imagine, too, when mine were really little. But now I'm SO enjoying having teens and a tween. They get more fun with age! ha! Glad you had a great time rockin' out!

Kulio said...

Please stop doing cool and fun things with your girls! My kids just look at me when they read your blog...ha!

Seriously - what a fun night!!

mrc-w said...

Awesome! Your girls will remember that forever I bet!

Queen of Hearts said...

lucky!!!i wish we were there!


bk

p.s. check out my blog!