Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bored.

Today we woke up and it was cold and rainy. Much different then what it was yesterday.. we were outside playing in the yard. It was warm....and sunny!

So today was kind of depressing.

On a whim, we decided to go to Ann Arbor. Went to the U of M campus to a museum there that was free. Free is always good.

Of course, when you hear the word "free" you know it's either not really free, or it's not really great.

After my husband and kids read this they will be just disgusted with my attitude I am sure. But honestly? The museum...it wasn't that great. At least for me it wasn't. I mean, it wasn't horrid, but it wasn't a jaw dropping "wow-we-gotta-come-back-here-again" museum. But then again it takes quite a lot to impress me..and it takes quite a lot to keep my attention.


Photobucket


I know that a mother can make or break an activity. Because the saying is so true, "if momma aint happy, nobody is happy" and although this wasn't really my type of outing, I tried to make it fun for myself by snapping random pictures...nothing really at all to do with the museum...but it kept me from being bored by looking at stuffed owls, snakes and frogs.


Photobucket


Oh fun...I can take a picture of all us in the bathroom by using the mirror. That was fun for me. In fact, lets try another:


Photobucket

Ok, the only way you know we are in a museum is by seeing the picture of the sign I took before we came in, so here...we really were there, and my girls LOVED it by the way. They think pretty much anything is awesome...oh to see life through the eyes of a child again!



Photobucket

Photobucket


There were dinosaur bones and fossils...there was a huge display on evolution, and there were monkey skulls..and people skulls...and all sorts of skulls.

There was even this big room dedicated to galaxies, solar systems and the speed of light....but all I could think about was how cool Darby looked in her brand spankin new Converse tennis shoes we just bought her:


Photobucket

And again, just how much fun it was to take a picture in the mirror! I think I could have hung out in that bathroom all afternoon while my family kept looking at stuffed shrews, raccoons and staring at the naked plastic people in the indian exhibit.




Photobucket

5 comments:

Kulio said...

hahaha...It's the sign of a true creative person to take something boring and make it interesting for yourself! It's a gift!

I love the ceiling pic!

You guys gotta come to Lansing for some free stuff. Preuss Pets! Yes!

Karaeleanor said...

oh ya you TOTALLY have to come down...we could all get together. LOVE darby's converse tennies.

KEK

Andrea said...

Your so silly...I would probably do the same thing... :)

hugs for you on this Monday..have a GREEEEAT week!

Anonymous said...

Growing up...we visited the Toledo Museum of Art annually as a class trip. The toilets had these REALLY cool flushing mechanisms...ahhhh, I LOVED those toilets...and the mummy...but the toilets were better. I sure wish I had a picture of me and those toilets...my parents were so lame, I don't have a picture of me, my cool Earth Shoes, pet rock and those toilets.
melanie

mrc-w said...

Cool idea! I think it's great that you take your kids to see stuff that might not be your "cup of tea" - who knows, one of your girls might be the next Indiana Jones :)