Monday, May 11, 2009

Ain't nothing better than being a mom!

I think it's a pretty neat deal, that God has entrusted four of his precious angels to...me. I am so unworthy. To give me a husband who puts the girls and I first, and daughters who are healthy and perfect is something I will never ever take for granted.

Right now, I am living the life I always dreamed of. Being a mom and a wife. In the end, this.. what I am doing right now will be my biggest accomplishment. I am SO proud of this feat I have been taking on!

Anything I might do on the side, whether it be singing solos in church or an exercise fanatic or attempting to be crafty, no one will really care. Because all that "side stuff" I might do doesn't make any difference in anybody's life but my own. And my life really isn't that important...it's my kids lives. It's what I am doing right now to make a difference in their lives. And I'm going to be there for them, and in their lives every second.

I spend every moment I can with them, teaching them about Jesus, teaching them about the right kind of husband to marry. Teaching them about life, and love and values. That is what matters.


And did I mention I love it?

In the end, I will look back and I will have no regrets.

Thank you God, for giving me the most important job in the world. It's completely awesome.



Photobucket

“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove . . . but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.”

8 comments:

Kelle said...

oh, you are so blessed...and they are all so beautiful and special. and you are the matriarch of that beautiful family and will someday see them all grown and beautiful with their families...and you'll have even more pride knowing you started all this! happy mother's day!

Turkey said...

You are awesome and I love you! You are a great mother and an incredible wife!!!

Andrea said...

You are so sweet and we must be alike because you are someone I would love to model my life after...I just cannot seem to get down the exercise thing..and I admire you for it. I am glad that we reconnected Heidi!! Hugs!

Kulio said...

Heidi I love that you recognize the gifts that you've been given, not only in having these children, but in being able to be the kind of mom that you are. Happy Mother's Day! (a day late..)

Karaeleanor said...

you are awesome aunt Heidi and I love you!

KEK

mrc-w said...

I love that picture of you and your girls - you are all beautiful! Happy Mother's Day :)

Julie Durocher said...

you girls all have the greatest smiles!

billy said...

Powerful words Heidi. Worth reading again and again.